A few things to note:
There are a few world gen changes in this version. Mainly either config tweaks to ore generation, which shouldn't impact old worlds, or changes to rainfall, density, and diversity distribution, which will impact old worlds.
If you want to use an old world without weird chunk borders along new generation, set all the "world gen scale" factors in the config to 0.09. This will also just revert the world gen tweaks, so keep that in mind if you want to see more variance in rainfall / density.
IMPORTANT: If you use an old world, you NEED to delete your ore gen config file and let it regenerate, or fix it yourself, as a few of the config specifications have changed, which will result in old ore gen configurations not working at all.
- Improved performance in small ore generation. Added function for addons to register veins.
- Vein registry now loads all files from config folder.
- Small ores generation check 2x2 chunks. TFC will not crash if ore config json files are broken.
- Added tooltip to skill command. Skills now persists on player death (Closes TerraFirmaCraft#491).
- Death caused by dehydration now has it's own custom message (Closes TerraFirmaCraft#500).
- Raw stones now checks for solid facings instead of any non replaceable blocks (Closes TerraFirmaCraft#502).
- Fixed TerraFirmaCraft#505.
- Added various missing food preservation mechanics. Reorganized food trait implementation. Rewrote fluid wrapper to use properties instead of inheritance. - meat can be salted via a crafting recipe for 50% decay - fruit, veg, and meat can be brined, then pickled, then sealed again to be stored basically indefinitely - Cleaned up tooltips on food items, should be more colorful and informative - a bunch of nutrition balance tweaks to food nutrition - added recipe for brine in barrels Also fixes #521
- Ore generation rewrite / refactoring. Major changes to clean up ore generation, sample generation, and configurability - old config files will no longer work. Chunks now store veins instead of just ores. Veins are currently super dense spheres for testing purposes - cluster needs to get looked at as it's currently broken. General encapsulation and optimization changes. Potentially fixes TerraFirmaCraft#457 (again) by changing the formation of basalt cobble to rhyolite, and thus stopping a stack overflow of basalt formation + falling.
- Quern now properly stacks output (Close TerraFirmaCraft#498).
- Fixed TerraFirmaCraft#520.
- Fixed TerraFirmaCraft#519.
- Some changes to fix TerraFirmaCraft#518. - Small vessels now only accepts items smaller than Large / Heavy - Ore items are now Normal / Medium - Ingots are now Very Small / Heavy - Double Ingots are now Small / Heavy - Sheets are now Small / Heavy
- A couple misc fixes. Properly implemented cluster veins.
- Some world gen rebalancing - made the rainfall, density and diversity layers actually spread out over the full range. Made the spread factor customizable via config. Tweaked tree density calculations to not be so homogeneous. Bump version.
- Fix merge on bugfixing PR and code reformat. Fix #533, made large vessels Huge / Medium. Removed debug vein density.